Rainbow Quinoa Canna-Veggie Salad
June is Pride month and your opportunity to become part of the Prowdr lifestyle for Living Inside Out. As a gay dad and cannabis chef, Pride month is a very special time for me. I look forward to the weekend of the Los Angeles Pride parade, the parties and yes, the food! Home is where the heart is, so bring some heart to June Pride and join the local festivities in your community.
This year I decided to do something different from the rainbow cakes and colorful sweets I usually make. I wanted to create something for Prowdr that is super healthy, delicious and of course, something with a twist on the rainbow flag for a perfect meal anyone can enjoy anytime of the year.
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
You will need:
5 or 6 small pans to bake the quinoa (depends on if you want to make 5 or 6 colors)
5 or 6 small cups or dishes for your colored water
APPROXIMATE DOSE PER SERVING*
10%: 7.5 mg
15%: 11 mg
20%: 15 mg
Note: *Approximate dose per serving is based on using 5 g of cured/dried/decarbed herb into 5 oz. of olive oil. (Here’s The How-To)
8 teaspoons quinoa per color
⅓ cup of water per color
pinch of CELTIC SEA SALT per color
1 teaspoon olive oil per color
1 teaspoon canna-olive oil per color
1 pound wild smoked salmon
¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red pepper, roasted and sliced into strips
1 yellow pepper, roasted and sliced into strips
¼ cup yellow corn, cooked
½ cup kale, shredded
¼ cup dried or freeze-dried blueberries
8 small bread crisps
blueberry goat cheese or similar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Measure 8 teaspoons of dry quinoa into 5 (or 6) separate small baking pans or dishes.
- In 5 (or 6) separate cups or bowls, add ⅓ cup hot water.
- Make each cup of water one color of the rainbow.
- Rinse each batch of quinoa separately and place back in their appropriate pan.
- Pour 1 color water over each batch of quinoa.
- Add salt and 1 teaspoon of olive oil to each batch.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake quinoa for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of canna-olive oil to each batch of quinoa and coat evenly.
- On serving platter use a spoon to build 5 (or 6) colored strips of quinoa.
- Top each strip with ingredients of matching color.
- Finish with crisps topped with goat cheese.
JeffThe420Chef is famous for inventing the process that neutralizes the herbaceous taste of cannabis in edibles, and is the pioneer of “layered micro-dosing.” In addition to writing cookbooks, catering celebrity dinner parties and his media appearances, Jeff teaches how to create hand-crafted, strain-specific “Light Tasting” and “Tasteless” canna-butters and canna-oils, specifically created to achieve health and wellness goals. Jeff’s mission is to teach anyone who wants to cook with cannabis to do it easily and responsibly. Jeff will be expanding his reach when he launches The Cannabis Cooking Channel.
Be sure to check out Jeff’s cookbook, “The 420 Gourmet: The Elevated Art of Cannabis Cuisine” copyright ©2016 by JeffThe420Chef. Reprinted courtesy of Harper Wave, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.
Connect with JeffThe420Chef:
Check out our Food & Travel section for more articles like this on Prowdr!